November 4, 2016
Must be majoring in Business, Marketing, Communications, Film Studies, Public Relations, Arts Management, English/Journalism, Media Arts, Government Affairs, and/or Computer/Information Science
To provide administrative support for non-profit economic development agency promoting the Southwestern PA region to the film industry
Computer literacy, organizational capabilities, initiative, telephone experience
- Field incoming phone calls.
- Follow-through with requests for information on Pittsburgh.
- Scan digital photos and assist in maintenance of location photograph filing system.
- Read daily newspapers and trade magazines for articles for clipping report, PFO board books, and assist in development calls to production companies.
- Make deliveries to production offices, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including assistance with fundraising events.
Each intern will work together with Film Office staff to determine an individual project to be completed upon the end of the term. Interns will have time during internship hours to complete the project. Some examples of past projects are: design door-hanger brochure to be distributed throughout communities in which filming is taking place; design of the marketing packet, complete a 15 city/four year comparison on the film industry, web site development, surveys of production industry, develop silent auction for fundraising event, etc.
To be determined by intern coordinator, looking for a minimum of 12-15 hours per week for a minimum of three months. Negotiable.
Student must receive college credit for internship
Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Assistant Director Lisa Smith-Reed