iMovie

Hello, welcome to my first ever blog post! I hope you are all having a good day! Today has been a very busy day for me, I drove 5 hours all the way to Cedar Point amusement park which is actually a place that I worked summers at for two years! It was a long day but looking forward to riding some rollercoasters tomorrow!

The topic I would like to discuss in my first blog post is video editing and to be more specific iMovie. You are able to capture video with a cell phone, camera, computer and many other devices whereas 20 years ago you had to strictly use a bulky video camera. The ease of being able to capture life’s moments in a blink of a second are now possible, but how do you bring all that footage together into a clean and concise package? That my friends is where video editing comes into play.

The problem that many people face when it comes to video editing is the technological hurdle that comes with it. Many people I ask think that the concept of editing footage is complex and requires a lot of training, but I am here to tell you that it is not that bad!

My first encounter with video editing was in Dr. Lenze’s COMM 150 class. We had to make a short film based on an Aesop fable that required us to shoot the video and then edit it to make it flow seamlessly into one smooth final video.

When becoming familiar with video editing software, something one should do is become familiar with the interface; click buttons, mess around and just get a feel for what the software is capable of. Something that has helped me immensely is going on YouTube and watching tutorials about iMovie. There are thousands of videos that can assist you in practically everything from turning iMovie on to figuring out how you add sound effects to your projects. It all depends on what you know and what you need to complete.

At the end of the day, someone’s video editing needs comes down to what they specifically need at the time of use. When I first started, I needed to do basic tasks but as time went on, I was tasked with doing more complex projects in iMovie.

If you have videos or random footage, would you want to edit them into one smooth video? Comment below what you would do! I hope you all have a good day tomorrow, I am looking forward to riding my favorite rollercoaster, Millennium Force!

Have a great day,

-Hunter