Working In Groups

The topic I will be speaking about is working in groups. Working in teams are common for graphic designers because more heads will help bring about a greater design for the client. I am choosing to address this topic because some people don’t recognize the importance of being able to work in groups and there are various problems that can arise from working in groups as well. I am interested because I have plenty of experience with lacking group members that can bring you and your group down.

The main problem that arise when working in groups is when you have a group member so is slacking and bringing your group down, which in turn is bringing the company down. Graphic designing is a business that working in groups are needed, to help each other with creativity and coming up with great designs. If a member is being negative, then the results could then come out negative as well.

The best solution for when you are working in groups is to address the problem as soon as it arrives. Sometimes humans can go through emotional things throughout life and it can affect their level of work. The best thing to do in this situation is to discover it and try and help, but if the situation arrives just simply ask for him to be replaced temporarily or take a break.

Personally, I have had past experiences of working in groups and having a partner not turn in his part of the assignment which would cost us a large number of points. I understand the feeling, because I was livid someone else was in control of my grade in such a negative way. I learned to start working in groups with people you know are reliable and will be able to perform their part of the task.

Okay audience, have you ever experienced a bad group member who costed you points or money? If so, please explain what happened in the comments below. I look forward to seeing your responses and please like and subscribe to my blog!