Hide and Seek

When deciding on what glasses to collect, just get out there and start looking. But, where does one find them? There are many options: flea markets, auctions, antique shops, online markets, and private individuals. That may have answered the question of where to look, but what problems can occur when visiting these places?

The first obstacle would be to know which one to visit first. One may feel this way because he or she wouldn’t know any close venues or where to find them. Second, there’d be the thought that at some point exhausting all those resources. Let’s say when visiting a flea market and finding some glasses. When returning to it again, there may not be any available. Wouldn’t it feel like a wasted trip then? 

Exploring flea markets (“Picture Post”).

Start off Googling places close to you and make a day trip or try finding larger events happening in a certain area and make plans for it. For example, there are some huge flea markets held only on weekends, so that would give time for planning. Another option is to exclusively use a variety of trusted websites, like eBay, if you don’t trust that there would be any at the other stores. Or, try a combination of all of them.

Checking online selling sites (Schaible).

Personally, I prefer to travel to a variety of places when I’m able to go. There were times I went to flea markets and stores and found nothing. When revisiting a vendor, I have found glasses after they have added new stuff to their booth. So. don’t be afraid to go multiple times to the same dealers. I have found some good bargains on eBay but mostly used it for my research purposes. I used this as a guide to find general prices people are asking and to find glasses that I may not have seen out in the field. Each place has its strengths and weaknesses and utilizing them all can fill in the holes each one has.

What solution would you recommend for this problem? You can type your answers below in the comments section by clicking on “Leave a reply.”

Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to this blog to stay up-to-date.

What glass collecting problems do you want to be solved or discussed? You can post your questions below and I may answer it in my next blog post!