Since I have ran out of controversial topics to talk about that take place in college sports, I thought I would switch it up. Today I am going to talk about why you should take COMM 360, a class that is offered here at IUP.

What is COMM 360? COMM 360 is a live digital sports production course. In the course, you help set up and tear down a live sports production set. The students in the COMM 360 class are the ones that live stream IUP’s home football games in the fall semester and the Men and Women’s home basketball games in the spring semester. There are many positions you can try out and do in the class such as director, make the graphics for the class, color and play-by-play announcer, sideline reporter, camera operator, director, producer, technical director, audio operator, and slow-motion operator.

Why should you take COMM 360? You should take the class if you want a job in sports broadcasting. This class gives you the full hands on experience. I took the class because when I graduate from IUP this December, I want a job in sports broadcasting as a sideline reporter. This class gave me the opportunity to see what goes on before, during, and after a live sports production. Before taking this class, I knew nothing about what it takes to live stream a live sports production. After taking this class for football and basketball, I know what it takes to put on a live sports production for these sports.

Hope this was helpful! Unfortunately COMM 360 is not going to happen this semester because the PSAC has canceled all fall sports. Hopefully for those of you that want to take it can take it in the spring for basketball. Don’t forget to share this post and blog to your friends and family!