For those who want options!

Okay, so I know that I have been focusing a lot on youth, and youth ministries, but I have come to the conclusion that I think it is so important to start a strong foundation in the young generation. We are the next generation, and we are the future. This is a daunting but encouraging thought. We have the power to change the world. While I am not considered a “youth” technically, I would consider myself to be in the next generation range. And there is something powerful about knowing that you have what it takes to make a difference and grow stronger and closer to our God. This organization that I learned about was kind of through a random encounter. I learned about it through a blog, which I found via Facebook. (PS, the blogger was using WordPress, you go girl!) The blogger talked about going on a 5-6-month trip on the DTS training with YWAM. I of course was very intrigued because she was talking about New Zealand, and I was so curious as to what these abbreviations were! So, I looked them up and learned of an organization called “Youth With A Mission”.

YWAM is a global movement of Christians from many different ages and walks of life, dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world. There common purpose is to know God and to make Him known. They currently are working in more than 1,100 locations in over 180 countries, with a staff of over 18,000. This has many amazing opportunities within the YWAM, but the thing that really intrigued me was the training aspect that the organization provides, and the introductory course is called DTS (Discipleship Training School).  Through their training programs, they aim to better equip Christians to grow in their relationship with God and to serve others in anything from agriculture to health care. They have everything you could want! Their training school is offered in many nations and many languages. They even offer a YMAM University of the Nations, which offers specialized study in areas like science and technology, humanities, and Christian ministry.

The Discipleship Training School is a full-time program that last five or six months, and consists of two parts: lecture phase and outreach phase. And the other awesome part of this is that there are over 200 YWAM locations all over the world, so whatever country you have a passion to see, they can make that happen for you, and you can also look up certain areas that meet your passion, such as exercise and fitness. They also offer short-term mission opportunities that can last anywhere from 1 week to 2 years! I am so happy that I stumbled on this website, because as I write about it, I get more excited about it! This seems like the most well-rounded opportunistic website I have visited. It looks awesome!

Are you looking to change our future generation? A brighter tomorrow starts with a single step. Look at their website, and check out all the opportunities! https://www.ywam.org/wp/

Change tomorrow by sharing today. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.