Ideas for “Re-mix” assignment

I have a few ideas about what to do for my “re-mix” activity, and I’m not sure which one I want to do as of right now. If any of you guys have any ideas, let me know!

-I would write a quick flash fiction about Hermione while she was a little girl. I would focus on the weird and magical things that would happen to her (think of how Harry was able to talk to snakes and do other unexplainable things). Her parents, being Muggles, would probably struggle understanding what was happening to their daughter, so that would be another point I would focus on.

-I would write another flash fiction piece, but I would create an American wizarding school in a poor urban area, like in Philadelphia or Detroit. My focus would be on the mostly African American and Latino student population, facing similar problems many Muggle urban public schools are facing today (underfunded, struggles with hiring quality teachers, etc.).

-Ever since I was a little kid, I have been obsessed with Greek gods and goddesses, and I know many of the myths and individual gods in Greek mythology. I would like to write a flash fiction piece, possibly taking place in ancient Greece, and put a wizarding “twist” to the 12 gods that live on Mt. Olympus.

2 Responses

1. I really like your ideas, but my favorite would have to be the one about Hermione. I think it would be fun, especially because her parents would have a bit of a different reaction than what the Dursley’s did with Harry, because the Dursley’s knew what was going on the whole time.

2. I definitely think you should write about Hermione and how her family reacted to her magic before they knew what it was. The only thing that we really know about her parents is that they were dentists so it would be interesting to read more about them.