Joe’s Re-Mix

Another creative presentation that I liked was Joe’s. I appreciated how he incorporated something he is passionate about, something important to him, into his remix. The topic for his remix seemed sort of out of the blue but he explained it afterwards and I think it added to the quality of it even more. Joe also shared that he actually doesn’t have a thing for Harry Potter the way the rest of us seem to. I never would have guessed based upon his participation in class and the thought he put into his remix project as well as the presentation he and his group did earlier in the semester. The song wasn’t just a little jingle either, it was heartfelt. If Moony were musically inclined I imagine the song for Teddy would sound much like what Joe produced. His remix showed thought, application, and it was fun for the audience. Rather than reading us fan fiction he brought it to life with music. Really his creativity is what stood out to me the most and that is what made the remix so memorable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe brought in his guitar, even in the rain, to play us a song he wrote for the remix. This was unique and really represented his creative side. The song was about Lupin and his attitude about the Battle at Hogwarts. The song gave a new side to Lupin, because he is one of my favorite characters. I enjoyed how Joe gave us a background on his experience with Harry Potter in our class, and how it inspired the song. Not that I haven’t enjoyed everyone’s projects, but I liked that Joe didn’t do a PowerPoint or flash fiction in order to give a new taste to the remix presentation. I think that Joe did a great job and something that everyone will do for this assignment. It is hard to give a response on this, because it was one of those things that you have to be there to fully experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As always, I was absolutely blown away by Joe’s song. I think he perfectly captured the mood of the song, and what Lupin and Tonks’ relationship really meant. When Joe plays his guitar (even if it only has five strings) it always blows me away how fantastic he is and how emotional it makes me. I try to hold back the tears, but it’s just too beautiful. Joe really made something special for this project, and he continues to blow me away as an artist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe’s song was an entirely unexpected delight. Having next to no music talent myself, only questionable taste to anyone other than myself, I have to give it to him, far and away, the best thing anyone did for this project, or indeed any project, that I’ve seen in at least three years, it was wonderful. Not even speaking for the lyrics or the voice, which I’m sure were nice, I wasn’t paying much attention, but the nerve to go for it utterly astounds me, and what a subject! Lupin to Tonks before the battle of Hogwarts is an emotional time, which I’ve been told is a great time for music. I’ve no idea what genre it would be called, but it was a tremendous show regardless, entire class well entranced.