Gucci controversy over black face clothing

Within the past week there’s been some uproar over brands such as Gucci and Moncler introducing pieces that had a lot to due with blacks and the culture that sparked outrage all over. Gucci had a white model that was shown in a turtle neck that covered the mouth and had “blackface” on the neck of the shirt and Moncler had a jacket that had blackface printed over the whole jacket as if it was normal or as it would just past over. TI the rapper was livid over social media last week telling and announcing a boycott to all who is of color to not support those brands since they made it clear that blacks didn’t matter even though majority of the buyer’s I’m sure are blacks. He was issuing some changes to the designers of these brands and for it to be removed from stores that maybe received the items from the shipment. To my knowledge, a lot of people were in shock when the pictures surfaced last week and just couldn’t believe how anyone could let it slide as if it was normal, when I first saw it I was in awe even though I’m not much of a expensive and high end buyer myself, I felt disrespected entirely that they could be so causal about it knowing the history of that particularly image. Everyone knows most of the high end brands and corporations are known racist and ignorant about things like this but to bluntly show disregard for what they bring to the store just shows a lot about what white people still think of us (black people).