Style in the Work Place

Hello Everyone! Since this is the first of many posts, I would like to introduce what, exactly, I will be blogging about this summer.

Well my friends, the answer to that is simple and I’ll give you a hint. It has to do with the title of this post.

Yep! You guessed it. My blog posts will focus on style in the work place!

Many of my female friends have been discussing how difficult it is to find affordable, business casual work wear that still allows them to stay true to their personal style. After searching far and wide across the internet and diving through the racks of Marshall’s (and my mother’s closet), I have done some of the hard work for you.

Each week day I will post what I wore to work that day along with where to get similar items, as well as tips on how to make the look your own. Every post will also tackle a problem.

For example, today’s focus will be on how to overcome the too-long pant legs that those of us 5″3 and under face regularly.

When I first began searching for work wear, I realized many stores do not carry petite work pants, and if they do, they typically only sell them online. I went in store after store in search of a pant leg that fit with little to no luck. And then I found myself in Old Navy.
Old Navy’s ankle length Pixie Pant is the equivalent of a regular length pair of pants for those us that are vertically challenged. You can even roll them up without there being a weird hem showing if you prefer the ankle length feel! (Seen below)

I opted to roll up the pants once for an ankle-length look.

Other ways to overcome long-pant-leg issues are as follows:

• Miraculously grow overnight. (Yeah, right.)
  • If you or a member of your family has a sewing machine, great! Watch a Youtube video to see how easy and cost-effective hemming your own pants can be.
  • Try ordering petite sizes online. It may take a few tries to get the size right, but once you know your measurements at a certain online store, it will be an easy task when it comes time to restock.

The outfit I chose today consisted of a simple white button down found at Marshall’s, the black and white polkadot Pixie Pant as discussed above, and a pair of grey loafers, also found at Marshall’s. The polkadots on the pants really added some pizzaz to the outfit and the loafers gave the look a easy going, yet professional feel.

The Pixie Pant can be found here
Similar shoes can be found here
Similar classic white button down (on sale!) can be found here
Where do you buy your petite dress pants?
Be sure to share this post on your social media pages if you found it helpful or think it would be helpful for a friend!

gwfw