Menu

New members

01/10/2020 - Uncategorized

Every organization looks for expansion and we take those moments of being able to add new members very seriously. When it comes time to present our new members to campus, we tend to have recordings from the day of the presentation to show after they are done with the presentation and become a brother. Those presentations are just as memorable for the older brothers than it is for the new members.

When I was being presented to the campus I was beyond nervous and I’m sure the same goes for the guys that were with me. I was so worried about not doing good and making my organization look bad. I remember seeing my mother in front of me with tears in my eyes. That was one of the happiest moments of my life and it has helped me grow as an individual. After I was done with my presentation, I had a great night being a brother and I have never looked back to regret my decision. I didn’t want to see the video of how I did because I was scared that I did bad.

When you are on the other side of the viewpoint and see the new members, it reminds you of when you were in their position doing the same thing and you find ways to bond through that. I remember the first time I ever went to a probate before becoming a brother and it was one of the craziest things I have seen. There were so many brothers surrounding the new member who happens to also be my chapter brother. I was not allowed to record him only because they ask for only family and brothers to record.

If you see people going through this memorable moment in life, make sure to take it all in because those are people showing you all the hard work they went through just to be able to push through with something like this. Greek life is not made for everyone but people who follow through with it have memories that they will hold forever. If you ever get to see the video of someone’s presentation try to respect it no matter what because even if it was poor performance or whether it’s great just know that it really means something to that member and that they take pride in their presentation.

Let’s chat and talk about anything you have questions. Please comment and share your feedback with me. If there is a topic you would like for me to discuss individually, feel free to contact me. I would love to reach out to more people and appreciate everyone who comments and shares. Subscribe to receive notifications of when my next blog is up and ready for discussion.

Skip to toolbar