Removing Objects

There are many different ways to remove something from your photo when you are working in lightroom. There’s the healing tool and the spot removing tool. Along with that, you have the option of working in heal mode and clone mode. Now, it is going to depend on what you want to take out of your image in order to know which one is going to work the best.

Typically, I like using heal mode. I believe that this option is easier because it will adjust the area so that it will blend in. When using the clone mode, you are just taking something from another part of your image and copying it.

To start, go to develop mode and click on the spot removal tool. If you are removing something small, like sensor dust, then you can keep the removal tool small. But, you can resize it depending on how large you need it to be. Next, you are going to want to click and drag and cover the area that you want to eliminate. You selection will be marked, along with an area that Lightroom is going to steal from in order to replace what you are taking out.

If you need to change the selected area, you can simply click and drag until you have found something that will work better for you. Removing objects from photos is actually a lot simpler than most people think, and if you are using the heal mode, it should automatically blend everything for you. Spot removal really comes in handy when there are power lines in your image. I use it all the time, and I hope that explaining this makes things a little bit easier for someone!

Be sure to stop back again tomorrow for another blog post! Feel free to share your thoughts with me, and to share my thoughts with the world!