- Spring 2018: Monday, November 13, 2017
- Summer 2018: Monday, April 9, 2018
- Fall 2018: Friday, August 3, 2018
Applicants must be English and Journalism majors or minors with an interest in social media promotion and alumni relations and a minimum 3.0 GPA. (Applicants who do not meet these requirements are also welcome to contact the coordinator with their qualifications.)
Because this internship offers students opportunities to shape their experiences according to their interests and goals, duties might include:
- Work with English Department webmaster to produce social media content for departmental promotion.
- Work with Recruitment Committee Chair to communicate with IUP English alumni.
- Work with Recruitment Committee Chair to develop outreach strategies to regional high schools.
- Work with English Club to organize and promote membership.
- Research students’ interests in and experiences of departmental courses, tracks, and the major.
- Develop departmental publicity materials and/or strategies.
- Plan, advertise, and execute departmental events.
- Assist in other Recruitment Committee tasks as needed.
The English Department Recruitment Committee Intern will be given opportunities to develop and hone the following skills:
- Print and Digital (Social Media) Marketing
- Alumni Relations
- Human Interest Feature Writing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Event Coordination
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Relationship Building
Email internship coordinator, Dr. Oriana Gatta (email@example.com), a 3-5 paragraph explanation of your skills and expertise related to internship duties listed above.