Amos Lee

I’ve decided to go a different route with this blog and write about a favorite artist of mine, a favorite that I happen to share with my father. His name is Amos Lee, and his blues-y voice and poetic lyrics have touched me so much. Have you ever come across an album that doesn’t have a single song on it that you dislike? That is what his albums are for me. I have never disliked an Amos Lee song. My father showed me him when I was about fifteen, and at this time my dad and I had everything but similar tastes in music, so this was a rather big deal for us. (I spent most of my life believing I was more like my mom than anyone else, but since our musical revelation, I think I am definitely more like my dad.)

Amos Lee’s, “Keep It Loose, Keep It Tight,” was the first one I had ever heard and really fallen in love with. True to his form, his lyrics were touching and all about the simplicity of life and the changes that come with growing and moving on. “I’m in love with a girl who’s in love with the world,” is one of my favorite lines in that song. His tone is almost melancholy, and immediately upon first hearing him I fell in love. There’s not greater feeling than that.