Office of Summer and External Programs
Job Classification: Staff, Full-Time, Seasonal. Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Summer Programs
Trying to build your portfolio? Mercersburg Summer Programs is looking for vivacious and talented individuals
with a self-starter mentality. This is an onsite position for the whole summer. General requirements are below
as well as directions to obtain more information or to submit your portfolio for the position (with at least 3
relevant pieces of work and a cover letter).
Responsibilities and Duties
● Produce marketing-specific imagery based on shot list.
● Document daily experience in order for participants and families to have constant updates.
● Blogging and communications on the Mercersburg Summer Programs website
(www.mercersburgsummer.com) and Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
● Organization of all files on Vidigami and external Hard Drives.
● Assistance with imagery for marketing pieces and campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate is thoughtful, articulate and passionate about the mission of summer programming at
Mercersburg Academy. This position requires individuals who communicate effectively and take initiative.
● Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with children in building self-esteem and
● Ingenuity and inventiveness, capable of thinking on one’s feet and adapting to changes in scheduling
● A disciplined, results-oriented, self-starter, demonstrating initiative and the ability to work
independently with minimal supervision, while also being able to manage multiples responsibilities.
● Persuasive communication skills in writing, in-person, and over the telephone.
● Outstanding listening and analytical skills.
● A creative, good-natured member of a team with demonstrated collaborative and proactive manners.
● Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
● 2 years of education or prior experience shooting and editing photos, both inside and outside.
● Great attitude and ability to work with children in building self-esteem and self-confidence.
● Ingenuity and Inventiveness, capable of thinking on one’s feet and adapting to changes in scheduling.
● The maturity of judgment and character.
● The capability of handling multiple responsibilities and assignments.
● 21 years of age or older and possess a valid US driver’s license and clean driving history.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential job functions.
● Environment: Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments where the noise level
ranges from quiet to moderately loud. These environments will vary.
● Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for
prolonged periods of time; climb stairs ; must have the physical ability to lead and participate in
camp activities such as hiking, swimming, team building initiatives, building campfires, and physical
games and activities; to travel in all modes of transportation; sufficient manual dexterity and
eye-hand coordination to operate equipment has needed; and to verbally communicate to
exchange information with both English-speaking and non-English speaking contacts.
● Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
● Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This description is intended to provide a general scope of the position. This job description may include other duties as
assigned by the manager.