Lifesteps is recruiting for someone to intern with our community relations department this summer in our Butler office. This is a for-credit internship and is unpaid. Get hands on experience working for a non-profit agency.
Position available May 1, 2017 thru Aug. 31, 2017 working 9am-2:30pm, Monday thru Friday, but can be flexible. Hours will not exceed 27.5 per week. (Can negotiate if a student needs more hours.)
- Event Support (Includes Vintage Tea, Indiana Golf Outing, and other special events)
- Assist with initial and follow up solicitation of lower level sponsorship dollars ($500 or less)
- Solicit program book advertising and collect ads needed
- Event production work including but not limited to program books, event signs, tickets, sponsorship brochures, presentations, and auction table tents
- Solicit in-kind donations for the auctions and organize the auction packages
- Solicit in-kind donations for event prizes, volunteer gifts, etc.
- Assist in maintaining communication with sponsors that owe sponsorship payments, ads for the program book, golfer or guest names, etc.
- Writing press releases pertinent to pre-event event promotion and post-event reporting
- Assist in coordination of public relations activities related to events including but not limited to publicity shoot, media kits, media outreach, and shot sheet creation
- Participate in the execution of the day of the event
- Assist in post-event thank yous, meetings, cleanup, and acknowledgment plans Other Support: Write press releases pertinent to program news and enrollment needs
- Assist with Community Relations social media creation and outreach as needed
- Assist with identification of potential donors, volunteers, and partners
- Assist with representing agency at community events, expos, and fairs
- General office function and organization General communication with staff
- Assist with coordination and implementation of additional community relations events and projects as needed
Call 724-283-1010 and ask to speak to the Butler recruiter. Apply online at www.lifesteps.net and email resumes to email@example.com