Time and Technology

Posted on

Primary Blog Question

• When compared, the two film clips help illuminate a key question for this course: How has our relationship to technology changed over time?

After watching the two film clips, I believe our relationship with technology changed primarily within the area of accessibility. Today, one cannot go anywhere or do anything without some aspect of technology being involved. For example, when I go to the movies in Pittsburgh and I want a soda, I no longer have to physically pull the handle to release my desired beverage into my cup. Instead, there is a screen that has the logo/flavors of every drink offered and I simply use a touch screen and select the drink I’d like. Technology is more accessible, but it can also be considered a hindrance to our society by removing/limiting physical movement.

• Secondary Blog Questions
    • How has film technology changed?

I propose that technology has changed over time by becoming more advanced. As a result of various technological inventions (coupled with trial and error), technology seems to have adapted overtime in a way that is easier for people to utilize for whatever purpose they wish.

How has our understanding of time evolved?

When I think of time, I understand that it is indeed precious and as each moment goes by it is imperative that we use it wisely and on what we consider to be meaningful.

2 thoughts on “Time and Technology

1. Hi Brittany,
    I am delighted to read your elaborated answers which are really authentic. Thank you very much for your thoughtful answers.

Anyway, I am sure that you are enjoying this class of Dr. Pagnucci, aren’t you?

Best,
    Sukanto