Annie

My friend and roommate Annie is the best. Annie is 21 years old and is a senior at IUP. We met my freshman year and we actually did not even like each other at first. We had mutual friends, but when we did not get along a t first. That lasted about a month and then we realized how much we actually do get along. We always joke because some of the best friendships come from left field.
Annie is someone that I think has taught me very needed lessons. She is such a free soul and she is so much fun. She doesn’t take life too seriously and it is so refreshing especially when we are in a point of our lives where we have to grow up fast and start taking things so seriously. She just is a breath of fresh air to me and I love that she is one of my best friends. Annie also gets me on such a new level compared to other people. I like to laugh and have fun and be spontaneous and I know that if I am feeling like that then she’s my go to girl.
Annie is also one of the funniest people I have ever met. She has such a unique and quirky sense of humor. She can always get me to laugh no matter the mood that I am in. We like to binge watch tv together and stay up late laughing and having the best time. I do not think that my college experience would be nearly as fun if she wasn’t a part of it.
I also really admire Annie’s work ethic. She is someone who can sit down and bust out their work in one sitting, and I am like the opposite I need time. She is going to school for elementary education and last year she did her pre student teaching where everyday she had to go into a local school and some days, she had to give lessons. She worked all night on her lesson to make sure they were perfect. This upcoming spring semester she is actually full-blown student teaching. I know shed will do great and the kids are going to love her.
Annie lives really far from me when we aren’t in school, so I guess that’s the only downside to our friendship. I and from Pittsburgh and she lives in Philly, so it is a five-hour drive just to see her. We don’t let the distance affect our friendship, though. We stalk everyday over the phone and we snapchat and text every day. Basically, there isn’t a day without communication. We tell each other everything and I like getting her opinion on things that are happening here. I guess the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder is actually true, or at least it is for us.